Title: Last Resort
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: February 25, 2015
Rating: K
Warnings: None.
Continuity: Any.
Disclaimer: “Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist” belongs to Kazue Katou, Shueisha, Aniplex, and various other parties.

--------------------------------------------------

           Watching the Exwire’s latest disastrous training mission - more to the point, watching his brother set fire to everything inanimate within ten feet of his sword - Yukio wondered how their father had dealt with it. 

           Admittedly, Father Fujimoto hadn’t had to deal with the hellfire. But, he had dealt with the reckless, devil-may-care attitude. With a fatherly approval for things done right that meant little coming from a brother. With scolding that meant even less coming from a little brother. And, with...

           Oh, it couldn’t be that easy.

           Rin raised his sword for another mad charge.

           But, it worked for Shura. It even worked for Suguro, come to think of it.

           With a roar, Rin started to move.

           And, Yukio lunged forward to take a chance.

           The muscles flexing under his arm were like steel. Until they abruptly loosened, and his captive went limp. Like a puppy taken by the scruff.

            “Awk! Yukio! What are you doing?”

           Caught in his brother’s headlock, Rin wheeled his arms. But, it was a token protest. He was too afraid of hurting Yukio to force his way out.

           Yukio felt a thrill of triumph.

           “I should be asking that,” he said, tightening his grip. “Exactly what did you think you were doing?”

           And, as a suddenly meek Rin actually listened, Yukio wished he’d tried Father’s tactics months ago.