Title: Persistence
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: August 8, 2018
Rating: K
Warnings: Spoilers for Chapters 100 and up.
Continuity: Mangaverse.
Disclaimer: “Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist” belongs to Kazue Katou, Shueisha, Aniplex, and various other parties.

Author's Note: Written for Sage SK after reading manga chapter 102.


           Shiro’s harsh words and harsher actions hurt, but Yuri was no stranger to hurt. Not back at her first home - for all Oku and Obaba had tried to shield her - and certainly not in the Asylum. The trick was to keep your spirits up.

           So, the next time they met on a mission, she smiled at Shiro and announced, “See? I’m not dead yet.”

           He ignored her.

           A year later, she passed him in the halls. “Shiro! I’m an exwire now!”

           He might have grunted in acknowledgement. Or he had gas.

           Six months passed, and she was filthy but elated at saving a small town from an outbreak of gremlins. Seeing Shiro arriving with their backup, she waved and smiled at him. “It’s under control. And, it’s amazing how not-dead my stupidity has made me.”

           His eye twitched. “I could fix that for you.”

           Her smile only brightened with triumph.



Notes: Shiro, Shiro. You acknowledged her, and Yuri's enough like her oldest son, you're doomed now. Deal with it and accept your new friend.