Title: Resemblance
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: October 12, 2012
Rating: K
Warnings: None.
Continuity: Set in a proposed Blue Exorcist/Fullmetal Alchemist fusionverse.
Disclaimer: "Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist" belongs to Kazue Katou, Shueisha, A-1 Pictures, Aniplex, and various other parties.
--------------------------------------------------

Okumura Rin wanted to be nothing like his biological father and everything like his real father. He just wasn’t sure that he would ever manage either of those things.

So, when he looked at the chalked circle the mad alchemist had left behind, he let himself doubt. He wasn’t smart like his brother or like Ed and Al. But, he didn’t have to be smart. Because all he had to do was put his hands on the edge of the circle and will his true father back with all his heart.

And, maybe just maybe, it would be enough. The life of the son of Satan probably wasn’t worth much. But, the death of the son of Satan should be.

He knelt, but his hands wouldn’t move.

He wasn’t a very good Catholic. But, he didn’t have to be a good Catholic. Because, shaky as his knowledge of the Bible was, he knew playing God was definitely sin.

Ed would say so, and Ed didn’t even believe in God. Except when he did.

So, Rin left the room and left the circle and hoped that someday he would be nothing like his biological father and everything like his real father.