Title: Resolution
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: January 5, 2012
Rating: G
Warnings: None.
Disclaimer: "Fullmetal Alchemist" belongs to Hiromu Arakawa, Square ENIX, Studio BONES and various other parties.
Author's Note: Mangaverse, post-series. Written for the prompt "Never work with kids or animals."

--------------------------------------------------

It was an instantaneous mutual decision.  There wasn’t even any discussion.  Heinkel had made the pronouncement while still tied up in the trapeze swings, and Darius, covered in popcorn and the detritus of ten fleeing clowns, had immediately seconded it.

The motion was passed.

They would never again work with kids or animals.  In the future, they might even cross the road to avoid any combination of the two.

And, all of that went triple for Elric kids.  Whether there were animals involved or not.  Debatably, there wasn’t much difference between Elric kids and wild animals.

Of course, that meant their circus career was over.  But then, between the elephant stampede, the lion nursing a bruised nose from a well-aimed wrench, and all of the Elric-created alchemy nonsense, they were probably fired anyway.

They really, really should have thought twice when the name "Resembool” cropped up on the circus’ itinerary.