Title: Fairy Tale
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: September 29, 2012
Rating: G
Warnings: None.
Disclaimer: "Fullmetal Alchemist" belongs to Hiromu Arakawa, Square ENIX, Studio BONES and various other parties.
Author's Note: Mangaverse, several years post-chapter 108. Ed/Win. Co-authored by Sage SK.

--------------------------------------------------

It was late in the afternoon when peals of laughter drew Winry out to the porch. There, she found her husband sprawled in the yard, buried under giggling children.

Lying on his back, Ed moaned dramatically. “The dragon is slain yet again!” He let his head loll to one side, tongue hanging out.

His tiny opponent, seven year old Elias, cackled from his perch on his father’s chest. “Hahaha! Now, I shall save the princess!” He turned toward his younger sister, Kaitlyn, who was crouched at Ed’s knees.

She glared back at him. “I'm not playing the princess.” She brandished a homemade contraption of sticks and twine. “I'm an archer!”

Elias frowned and looked around. His gold eyes came to rest on Winry. “Okay, Mommy is playing the princess!”

Ed opened one eye. “She is? Then, the dragon gets a second wind!” Slowly, he pushed himself up, sending the children sliding away with startled yelps.

Winry blinked in surprise. “I am?”

“Of course!” said Ed, beaming now. “Once upon a time, the dragon landed at your family farm because he was feeling like mutton. Upon seeing him, you were smitten at the sight of his mighty wings and awesome curling horns.”

“Huh.” Winry frowned. “I had a nightmare about that once.”

Ed scowled. Then, a slow smirk curved his lips. “I think you need to be reminded how well the dragon kisses.” With a growl he was on his feet and lunging up the porch steps.

“Oh, no.” Winry’s smile belied her words as Ed wrapped his arms around her. “I've been captured!”

“And, now,” said Ed, “the dragon shall kiss you senseless!” He swung her around, making exaggerated kissing sounds.

In the yard below, Kaitlyn traded a look with Elias. “Let's find another princess.”

Making a face, Elias nodded.