Title: Ingredients
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: December 21, 2014
Rating: G
Warnings: None.
Disclaimer: "Fullmetal Alchemist" belongs to Hiromu Arakawa, Square ENIX, Studio BONES and various other parties.
Author's Note: Mangaverse, post-chapter 108. This is the final short I wrote for the fmagiftexchange on Livejournal. This one was for bay115, who wanted something with "Ed being a dork when Winry was pregnant".

------------------------------------------------------------------

            Ed had been weird ever since Winry told him she was pregnant.  Oh, she’d expected the slack-jawed staring and the nonsensical babble.  It was the calculating that came after that worried her.  He was constantly scribbling away, shooting her quick looks, then scribbling some more.

            Cleaning up behind her latest overnight job, she sighed.  “It’s going to be something crazy.”

            The front door banged open, pulling her from her musings.

            “Winry!  I’m back!”  It was Ed.  Sounding far too excited.  “Come check this out!”

            “Here we go.”  Wiping her hands, Winry stepped into the kitchen to find Ed dumping the results of his grocery shopping across the table. 

            It was a mountain of food.  Fresh meat and fish neatly wrapped, greens, fruits, vegetables.  And, besides the contents of the bags, Ed was also struggling to pry the lid off a crate he must have picked up at the post office.

            “What is all this?”

            “Well,” Ed grunted, tugging, “You’ll need protein.  And, I got almonds for calcium and potassium, greens for—”

            “Edward,” Winry warned.

            “It’s everything you need to make a baby!” he answered.

            Winry stared at him for a long moment.  “You forgot the milk,” she said finally.