Title: Accomplishments
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: October 3, 2016
Rating: G
Warnings: None.
Continuity: Any.
Disclaimer: "Fullmetal Alchemist" belongs to Hiromu Arakawa, Square ENIX, Studio BONES and various other parties.

------------------------------------------------------------------

            It was October 3rd, and Ed was staring moodily at the piece of pumpkin pie someone had pressed into his hands. He seemed oblivious to the chatter and laughter of the festival swirling around them.

            “You should eat that while it’s still warm, Brother,” Al urged.

            Ed glanced at him and then away quickly. But, not quickly enough.

            “I don’t mind,” said Al, reading that glimpse of Ed’s stricken face. I’ll have some the next time we come here.”

            Ed’s fingers dug into the crisp napkin under the pie.

            “You don’t— We haven’t accomplished anything in a whole year, Al!”

            “You call this nothing?” Al’s gauntleted hand swept out over the busy street. “If you hadn’t reinforced the dam, this whole town wouldn’t be here!”

            Ed started to open his mouth, and Al forged on.

            “We’ve helped a lot of people in the last year. And, we’ve learned a lot toward regaining our bodies too.”

            Ed stared at him.

            “Maybe it’s just pieces and maybe only some of them will be useful, but every little bit helps.”

            Ed’s mouth clicked shut, and he looked down at the pie again.

            “So, be sure to eat every bite of that,” Al pressed. “And, make a note. Because, when I get my body back, I’m going to try all the best foods you’ve found around the country.”

            “So, I’m your taste-tester, huh?” With a smile, Ed dug into the pie. “Then, I need to do this right. I might even need two slices.”