Title: Sharks and All
Author: Kristen Sharpe with the help of Sage SK
Date: January 1, 2017
Rating: G
Warnings: None.
Continuity: Mangaverse, post-series
Disclaimer: "Fullmetal Alchemist" belongs to Hiromu Arakawa, Square ENIX, Studio BONES and various other parties.

------------------------------------------------------------------

            Winry knew with a grim certainty she was going to regret asking, but the word slipped out anyway.

            “Why?”

            “Because it’s awesome!” Ed returned from somewhere beneath the enormous shark he had draped over himself.

            It certainly didn’t smell awesome. How Ed hadn’t passed out from the formaldehyde stench, Winry couldn’t imagine.

            “Look at these teeth!” Ed went on. “And, I caught it myself.”

            Winry couldn’t see Ed’s face, but she could see his automail leg. And, the jagged marks on it. Marks suspiciously similar to the teeth on Ed’s prize. She bit her tongue on the question of who had caught who.

            Instead, she said, “We don’t have room for it on the wall.”

            “I can make more wall,” Ed suggested.

            “We have enough wall.”

            “Obviously not if my shark won't fit.”

            “…You realize this is the first time we’ve seen each other in months,” said Winry, “and this is the conversation we start on.”

            Ed was quiet for a minute then cautiously asked, “Did you expect something else?”

            “Not really.”

            Because anything else wouldn’t be Ed. And, Ed was her choice, sharks and all.

            Well, shark obsession and all. No way that stench was coming in the house.