Title: Rebuild
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: October 2, 2018
Rating: G
Warnings: None.
Disclaimer: "Fullmetal Alchemist" belongs to Hiromu Arakawa, Square ENIX, Studio BONES and various other parties.


            “Sell the old house property?” Ed blinked at Pinako over the book he’d been reading.

           She nodded briskly as she began to empty the small bag of things she’d picked up in town. “Yes, there’s a young couple from Hampstead looking for a place to build. And, you aren’t using it. Winry’s got the shop here, and I don’t see you taking up farming.”

            Ed frowned but didn’t argue. It was true. He and Winry had never even discussed where they would live before the wedding. It had been understood she would be taking over her grandmother’s business, and he and Al had already treated the Rockbells’ as home base for years.

            And, where his childhood home had once been a memorial and a grim reminder, he now rarely visited its burnt out ruins. That lesson had been learned.

            “I’ll have to ask Al,” he said, stalling for time to think. His eyes fell on the calendar and rounded. “Actually, I’ll call him now.”

            He was sure Al would say yes.

            Because it was October 3rd, and he couldn’t think of a more perfect day to let his old home leave the past behind and start its own new beginning.