Title: What Was His
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: June 7, 2021
Rating: G
Warnings: None
Genre/Continuity: Mangaverse during the six month timeskip.
Disclaimer: “Fullmetal Alchemist” belongs to Hiromu Arakawa, Square ENIX, Studio BONES and various other parties.

---------------------------------------------

Bullets tore through fabric to ricochet off diamond-hard skin, and Greed swore. He liked this coat.

“Thanks, Boss,” Darius muttered behind him.

“Be more careful,” he snapped back as he lunged to smack the soldier who had surprised them into a wall.

The way now clear, they made a run for the woods outside town. As they went, Greed noted that Darius still had all their supplies in his arms. He smirked. His minions were good. As for the coat... Eh, he’d get his alchemist to fix it when they got back to camp.

Or maybe after moving camp. They’d been spotted, and the minions were good, but they weren’t bulletproof like him.

So, you do care,’ the annoying prince’s voice muttered in the back of his mind.

Care? They were his.

Like you didn’t ditch the girl when you had Wrath on your tail,’ he sniped back. ‘Gotta keep what’s yours.

Silence.

Then, ‘That’s a very interesting way of looking at things.

Greed snorted. It wasn’t anything deep. It was just who he was.

The prince hmm’d, but Greed ignored it and shouted to the minions back at camp to start packing.

Nobody took what was his. Never again.