Title: Fabrication
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: August 6, 2010
Rating: G
Warnings: None.
Disclaimer: "Fullmetal Alchemist" belongs to Hiromu Arakawa, Square ENIX, Studio BONES and various other parties.
Author's Note: Set in the mangaverse after the Promised Day, probably shortly after Ed and Al's return.


"Ed, do you still have my earrings?"

It had been a perfectly nice day. The sun was shining; the birds were singing. It was a glorious summer morning.

Then, Winry had to ask The Question and ruin it all.

Nervous, Ed squirmed in his place on the Rockbell's steps.

"I… I lost them," he admitted at last. Best to get it over with.

The reaction was short but brutal. The worst part was that she ultimately forgave him.

Because he had lied. But, after two months on the run, those earrings had paid for the best meal he'd ever eaten.


Notes: I don't really think Ed would pawn Winry's earrings... probably. This was just a silly speculation because I noticed that we're not shown that he returns them after the Briggs arc. And, Winry still doesn't have them after re-meeting Ed during his stop in Resembool. We don't see them again until two years later at the train station. So, where did they go?