Title: Leviathan
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: September 10, 2013
Rating: E
Warnings: None.
Disclaimer: SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron, its characters and concepts are copyright to Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc and are used without permission.


Call them what you liked – monsters, mega-fauna, mutants – giant creatures rampaging through downtown were just a part of life in MegaKat City. Like everyone else, the SWAT Kats had adjusted.

The TurboKat swooped low over the city, following the trail of destruction that led inland from the bay.

“I’m tracking him heading south on I-93,” Razor reported from the jet’s rear seat.

“You don’t say,” T-Bone drawled as he jinked them to the left, avoiding the shredded remains of an Enforcer cruiser.

Below, the squid-lobster hybrid straddling four lanes of traffic roared defiance from a beaked mouth ringed in teeth. Pincers crushed another car as tentacles snatched up a third to fling at them on the next pass.

Razor ignored T-Bone’s sarcasm in favor of his own commentary. “Isn’t all that a little overkill?”

“Sorry,” T-Bone grinned, “only the toughest monsters invade MegaKat City.”

“Well then,” Razor’s fingers danced over his console, bringing up his weapons inventory, “there’s no kill like overkill, I guess.”

T-Bone’s smile was fanged and feral as he brought the jet around again. “Ready?”

“That depends on how much you like fried seafood.” The lock tone sounded, and Razor squeezed the firing control. “Scrambler missile deployed!”