Title: Literally
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: March 15, 2009
Words: 125
Genre: General
Rating: E
Disclaimer: SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron, its characters and concepts are copyright to Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc and are used without permission.


            Gingerly, Razor tugged the lightning-blackened housing off his dimensional radar.  As expected, circuitboards had been reduced to char, wires were melted into shapeless lumps.

            And, something was sparking.

            Razor jerked away.

            “The power should be disconnected!”

            He double-checked.  He had disconnected the power.

            “So, why—?”  Leaning closer, Razor watched the sparks arcing across the radar’s devastated interior.

            After a minute, he realized.  The light wasn’t blue-white like electricity.  It was purple.

            Purple like the glow of the PastMaster’s watch.  Like the light that had crackled around the TurboKat during the PastMaster’s last attack.

            Purple that explained so very much about just how his new radar had thrown them across time and space.

            “Well,” Razor managed, “leave it to magic to interpret ‘dimensional radar’ literally.”


Author's Note: Just my attempt to offer an answer to a little detail that always bothered me about the episode "Dark Side of the SWAT Kats".