Title: Monster Movie Madness
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: September 22, 2016
Rating:G
Disclaimer: SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron, its characters and concepts are copyright to Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc and are used without permission.


“Is this revenge for something I did?” Chance asked, sliding lower in his theater seat.

“No.” Jake swallowed a mouthful of popcorn. “Why?”

“Because the main critter of your giant monster movie is doing gymnastics!” Chance barely kept his voice at a whisper as he jabbed a finger at the screen.

“He's gathering speed to attack,” Jake assured him.

“He could've done that by runnin'!”

“It wouldn't look as exciting.”

Chance shot him an incredulous look. “This is exciting?! It just turned into the Giant Monster Olympics!” He turned back to the screen where the monster was still spinning like a gymnast on the parallel bars. “And, how long does this go on?”

“Shh! He's making his move now,” Jake pointed out as the monster finally dove for his opponent.

Both kats focused on the movie. And, stared as its titular monster sat on the other creature and began to jump up and down on him.

Hand to his face, Chance wordlessly gestured at the screen.

“Well,” said Jake, “If you take it as a comedy, it’s still funnier than ‘Scaredy Kat’.”

Chance gave him a dirty look before scrunching deeper in his seat. “This is definitely revenge for something.”


Author's Note: If you thought this was familiar (perhaps from the "Mystery Science Theater 3000" showing), yes, I'm referencing the movie "Gamera vs. Guiron".