Title: Picturing
Author: Kristen Sharpe
Date: August 27, 2023
Rating: K
Warnings: None.
Disclaimer:  “Villainous” created by Alan Ituriel and belongs to AI Animation, Cartoon Network and associated parties.

Author's Note: Based around how 505 tends to draw Black Hat.


Carefully signing his name, 505 smiled at his latest drawing of his family. Then, taking it between his paws, he carried it over to the computer where his papa was typing furiously.

“Bawr!”

“Hmm?” Papa turned to look at him, and 505 could see the corners of his mouth curling up beneath the paper bag he wore. “Aww, did you finish another drawing? You’re getting so good at coloring!”

505’s smile widened as his papa took the paper gently.

“And, here’s everyone,” Papa said as he looked it over. “Me and you and Dem crawling up the walls and…” He chuckled a bit nervously. “And, you always draw Lord Black Hat so tall.”

Not really. But, 505 knew no one else saw Black Hat like he did. Not even the camera. In the videos he had watched his papa edit, Black Hat was always human-sized and human-shaped.

Black Hat was neither of those things. But, no one else saw it.

Black Hat was tall. He fit in the manor because it was his and he told it to fit him. And, only his hat ever stayed the same shape. His hat and his scary red eye. The rest was always changing. Eyes, mouths, shadows, and spinning blades.

Maybe that was why Black Hat didn’t like him. He saw Black Hat wrong. He saw what he wasn’t supposed to see.

505 wished he didn’t. He wished he could make Black Hat happy. But, even Papa and Sister couldn’t do that no matter how hard they tried.

But, he could make Papa happy. And, Sister too, even if she scared him a little when she was really happy. So, he drew and he cooked and he took Sister out for walks.

And, maybe someday, he’d figure out what made Black Hat happy.